Understanding Borderline Personality Disorder and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy to Inform Optimal Clinical Practice (2 CEUs)
February 8 • 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Jeannine Myrvik, LICSW
Working with clients who have significant issues with emotional and behavioral regulation can be challenging. Often these clients have a core issue of high emotional sensitivity that has shaped their life in negative ways. In this class we will learn the bio-social model of borderline personality disorder and explore the treatment that has been proven most effective in helping these clients to create a life worth living.
- Identify the five areas of dysregulation of persons with borderline personality disorder
- Understand the bio-social model of borderline personality disorder
- Identify the components of “adherent” DBT
- Learn an overview of the DBT skills: mindfulness, emotion regulation, interpersonal effectiveness and distress tolerance skills
- Learn when it would be most effective to refer clients to DBT
- Determine if DBT is a therapy you would like to learn and practice
- Learn the process of how to get certified with the state to practice DBT
Jeannine Myrvik, LICSW has over 20 years experience working in mental health in a variety of settings including; in-patient, IOP, outpatient and private practice. Currently she does individual therapy with adults and runs the mindfulness-based Way to Wellness group at Allina. She has been teaching DBT skills for 16 years and currently facilitates 2 DBT skills group through her private practice with Minnesota Center for Psychology.
Mindfulness is large part of her practice. She teaches mindfulness workshops in a variety of settings including the workplace, churches and schools. She offers quarterly mindfulness classes through her private practice. She has a passion for helping people improve the quality of their life by learning how to be more present, focused and aware.
Minnetonka Community Center
14600 Minnetonka Boulevard
Minnetonka, MN 55345
|This event registration has reached capacity.|